Sunday 17 November 2013

LESS SEX PLEASE - THEY'RE BRITISH AFTER ALL


Picture
Enough of the sex!
That's what I decided. A very radical approach to a Jack Brighton/Tom Farrell book, but sorry, I've made up my mind.
Fortunately there is already plenty of sex in it, the decision was to NOT have another scene. To be honest, it was dragging on a bit, and the reality is, even with sex, sometimes you have to say enough is enough.
I think that's the case though with erotica. Just having the sex scene for the sake of a good romp is great, but if you want something deeper, more meaningful, and all that sort of stuff, then you need characterisation, and in this book that happens when the lads are having a pint after work, not when they are servicing The Alpha Sparky. So I'm drawing a line under the sex. The book has enough, it just needs polishing now... serious polishing as the final three chapters are only drafts, but it's pretty much all there.
Off to write it now.

Jack

PS - sorry for posting yesterday. I had a hangover, and quite frankly couldn't be arsed.

No comments:

Post a Comment